Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I have been a blog slacker... and I haven't been sketching either... I should know better, as soon as Halloween hits the holidays have begun and I don't have time for myself (and I am too broke to go to the life-drawing sessions at the Ruby Room). It seems like it is non-stop planning, shopping, and celebrating starting there. My son's birthday is 30 days after, and of course Thanksgiving is about a week before that. This year is especially hard because Thanksgiving is so early and daylight savings happened so much later. It has thrown off more than one person's schedule, so I've heard.

We also had a family tragedy that happened a little over a week ago (very sad). The family is recovering slowly. We all had our own plans for Kadyn, but we especially feel for Angie and Steve; as a parent you worry about this from day one. I know that I don't understand the exact feelings they are experiencing, but I know how it would devastate me. I am a "struggle-through-on-my-own" kind of person and would get lost in the pain, but they have been surrounded by this huge supportive net of family and friends- I hope they know how much they are loved and how much we wish we could help take way the pain they are feeling.

Anyway, here is my tribute to Kadyn Robert Lewis. He was a really beautiful baby that we are very blessed to have known.

No comments: