Wednesday, April 23, 2008

make your own easel!

I know I haven't been posting much artwork... but I keep finding great things online. Like, I found these plans for a huge easel. I happened upon a link to it during my blog-break at linesandcolors.com.

I have been meaning to search for plans to build my own for a while now. When I went to Atlin Centre for the Arts (way back in 1990; I guess it is called Atlin Centre now) Gernot Dick, the owner/operator/teacher/founder/very-cool-guy, gave us plans for the ones he had in the painters studios. I still have them, but after two decades of moving from place to place there is no way I will find them easily. I actually really liked the benches they had (don't know if they still have them) at UAS-Juneau (or was it UAA?) You could flip them on their backs and use them like a table for your drawing board. Definitely not for canvases, large or otherwise. So, we shall see if I can get this project done this summer... If I miraculously do get to it, I will definitely share the final product here!




No comments: