Friday, October 05, 2007

my first blog...

I have been planning on getting a blog going for a while. Not that I think that what I have to say is so great, but I always thought the picture-a-day blogs sounded like a great way to let off some creative steam. This will be more like a picture-when-I-have-time-to-create blog!

I love following artist and illustrator blogs to see how they deal with the creative process. I know that there is a process for each artist and I love to see how differently we arrive at our final piece. It is like offering a little piece of our soul to the rest of the world which can make one feel very vulnerable. I know for me I do not like the spot light and creating art is very personal, but there comes a time when you have to stop creating in a vacuum and get input from the outside world.

I am usually terrible at keeping up on my sketching, but now that my work life has evened out and I'm out of school I have a lot of creative energy bubbling over. My goal is to produce a body of work by the end of November that I can approach a "gallery" space with (coffee shop or some such!) I am going to explore my favorite medium, dry pastel, which I have been using on canvas with (surprisingly) a lot of success. Right now my sketches are just a way of tuning my eye; they don't represent my final subject matter.

I would love feedback... every comment is appreciated:)

Julie

No comments: